I had every intention of using this recipe as taco and make it completely different but when I started cutting the chicken I got inspired and wanted to use up some of the ingredients that were in the refrigerator. It was pretty quick and REALLY easy to make. When i do my next Whole 30 I plan to change the recipe a bit removing a couple ingredients and adding a few others.
I am not going to lie, as I was preparing I was a little scared it wasn’t going to come out good. My husband had the first taste as he was heading out the door for softball. He said it was absolutely delicious. Words like that don’t get thrown out of his mouth so I knew I did something okay! I made enough to have as our dinner tomorrow night as well.
- 2 thick chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- small can of corn
- 1 mango, diced
- 14 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 carrots, diced
- Flavor God Taco Tuesday Seasoning
- Trader Joe’s Seasoning Salt
- Onion Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dice/cut the chicken into small bite size pieces. I use a scissor to cut the chicken. Try it and trust me it makes the process so much easier!
- Drizzle the EVOO into a cooking pan. Use enough to coat the entire pan.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of each seasoning into the pan.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook all the way through.
- Once finished, leave in pan, and add the pepper and carrots. Let this cook for about 4-5 minutes so they are soft.
- Add in the mango and let it cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the corn and black beans. This doesn’t need to cook long but just heat through.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, salad, zoodles, or just eat plain!
- Top with 1/4 avocado diced.
Tomorrow night for dinner I plan to have it over zoodles. I just needed something a little more filling to avoid after dinner snacking. I plan to use this recipe during my next Whole 30. For it I will not use the black beans, corn, and rice. I will replace with other veggies and put over potato, zoodles, or just eat the way it is 🙂 You can even use the veggies as a salsa and put over whole chicken breast.
If you make this please tag us on Instagram and let us know in the comments if you like it!